Datrend Systems Inc. is a Canadian company focused on developing and manufacturing leading-edge biomedical instruments for hospitals, clinics and medical equipment manufacturers. Since our launch in 1991, we have expanded to serve global markets with innovative products.
Due to our continued growth, we have an opening for a well qualified, detailed-oriented Electronics Assembler to join our team in our Richmond manufacturing facility (this can be a full-time or part-time position. Please specify your preference).
Builds electro-mechanical and electronic sub-assemblies and assembles finished products in accordance with documented procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform manufacturing activities following manufacturing procedures and work instructions
- Read assembly drawings and specifications
- Select appropriate parts using Pick Lists and assemble the parts as directed by Work Orders
- Assemble and / or install wiring harnesses, power supplies, controllers, displays, microprocessors, assemblies, valves, fingers, plastic, and optical parts
- Perform rework as directed
- Comply with Datrend Quality Standards and documentation
- Maintain bench work area, tools, and equipment in a clean, orderly, and functional manner
- Identify process discrepancies and report non-conformances
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Minimum Grade 12, or equivalent, supplemented by electro-mechanical training
- Diploma or Certification in the Electro-mechanical field preferred
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Knowledge of soldering equipment and techniques
- Ability to follow assembly procedures, work orders and drawings in detail
- Understanding of Quality procedures, as applicable
- Experience working in ISO13845 / 9000 Quality Systems an asset
- Knowledge of general safety principles
- Good manual dexterity
- Team Player
- Excellent time management skills
If this seems like a great role for you AND you meet the necessary qualifications, please send both your cover letter and resume (together in one file) to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 14, 2018
You must be resident in Canada and legally able to work here to be considered. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.