Conduct all bookkeeping activities to support the sales, production, R&D and engineering activities of Datrend Systems Inc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Process and post all Account Receivable invoices and record all payments received.
- Process payroll
- Check purchase orders and packing slips.
- Check and validate extensions and pricing for all A/Ps.
- Process and post all Account Payable (A/P) invoices.
- Ensure timely payment of A/P
- Produce cheques for all A/P’s.
- Process all credits as necessary.
- Make bank deposits and deposit cheques.
- Process expense accounts.
- Process Visa payments and prepayments.
- Provide account summaries as requested.
- Calculate and check applicable sales taxes (e.g. PST, GST, HST) as required.
- WCB/EHT reconciliation & payment calculation
- Employee benefits / MSP
- Month end and year end prep
- T4 reconciliation
- Prepare T5 & T5 summaries
- Responsible for generating cash flow projections
- Record and claim grant payments.
- Prepare royalty summaries and payments
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Other duties as required
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- General accounting courses.
- Minimum 10 years bookkeeping experience.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- General knowledge of taxation regulations.
- Knowledge of payroll and benefit programs.
- Cash flow and collection skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Detail oriented, accuracy in computation and reconciliation.
- Knowledge of employment and labour standards an asset
- Excellent English – verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
If this seems like a great role for you AND you meet the necessary qualifications, please email both your cover letter and resume (together in one file) before September 25, 2019.
You must be resident in Canada and legally able to work here to be considered. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.