Datrend Systems Inc. is a Canadian company focused on developing and manufacturing leading-edge biomedical instruments for hospitals, clinics and medical equipment manufacturers. Since our launch in 1991, we have expanded to serve global markets with innovative products.
Due to our continued growth, we have an opening for a well qualified, detailed-oriented RPT Document Control Clerk to join our team in our Richmond manufacturing facility.
** Please note: This is NOT a full-time position **
Responsible for maintaining the document control system for an ISO13485 registered Quality System.
Responsibilities and Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform Document Control functions (paper and electronic) which include:
- Issue control numbers for Controlled Documents
- Maintain Document Master and Archive files
- Revise and maintain Controlled Documents
- Issue, update, distribute, and recall Controlled Documents
- Update Quality System information databases
- File and maintain Quality Records (eg. Production, Service, etc.)
- Coordinate, issue and maintain records for Engineering Changes and Non-Conformance reports
- Perform outgoing final Quality Assurance inspection on products
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Minimum Grade 12, or equivalent
- Previous document control experience is essential
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English (verbal and written)
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality System requirements such as ISO9000, ISO13485, and/or US FDA GMP/QSR
- Understanding of spreadsheets, word processors, and databases, as well as ability to learn programs as required by the position
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter
- Must be accurate at data entry
- Direct experience with FDA GMP/QSR, ISO9000, ISO13485 an asset
- Knowledge of QC processes an asset
If this seems like a great role for you AND you meet the necessary qualifications, please send both your cover letter and resume (together in one file) by uploading them using the “apply by email” button below before December 7, 2016.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.
** Please note this is a regular part-time position and we are flexible as to how the hours will be worked. Examples: 4 hours per day for 5 days per week OR 2 and 1/2 days per week by mutual choice OR other alternative, mutually agreed upon schedule.