Datrend Systems Inc. is a Canadian company focused on developing and manufacturing leading-edge biomedical instruments for hospitals, clinics and medical equipment manufacturers. Since our launch in 1991, we have expanded to serve global markets with innovative products.
Due to our continued growth, we have an opening for a well qualified, detailed-oriented Electronics Assembler to join our team in our Richmond manufacturing facility (this can be a full-time or part-time position. Please specify your preference).
Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepares Items for shipment. Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments. Verifies information against packing list, invoices, orders or other records
Responsabilities and Duties
- Determine correct method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures
- Package product in a safe and effective manner, following shipping procedures
- Receive all material, utilizing knowledge of receiving procedures, and direct material to its correct destination
- Perform incoming inspection and/or testing of flagged material as required
- Prepare Inspection and Non-Conformance Reports
- Enter receiving data into the ERP system in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain inventory of all packaging and shipping material in an organized and effective manner, and advise management of any shortages
- Liaise with Supply Chain Manager to resolve all inventory issues
- Maintain an organized shipping/receiving work environment
- Maintain a working knowledge of inventory and stock control
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Educational Requirements
- High School Graduation
- Computer literacy
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to follow instructions
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to lift heavy weight (50 plus pounds) with stamina
- Knowledge of general shipping procedures
- Knowledge of measuring and counting devices
- Lift truck operation an asset
If this seems like a great role for you AND you meet the necessary qualifications, please send both your cover letter and resume (together in one file) to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 14, 2018.
You must be resident in Canada and legally able to work here to be considered. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.